What Are Botox and Dysport Used For?
Botox and Dysport are used to improve wrinkles and to rejuvenate the face. They are medicines that work at the muscle level. Since the facial muscles pull on the skin, relaxing these muscles leads to lessening and improvement of the wrinkles. For example, the muscle around the eye is called the orbicularis oculi. When it contracts, we notice wrinkles called “the crow’s feet.” By injecting into this muscle, we can get improvement in these wrinkles!
What Areas of the Body Can Be Treated With Botox & Dysport?
They are commonly used to help with forehead and crow’s feet wrinkle reduction.The “eleven” wrinkles are another great spot for Botox. Botox & Dysport can also be used on lips and even the neck. Surprisingly, it can also be used in the armpit to help with excessive sweating!
Benefits of Botox & Dysport
Below are some benefits to botox, dysport, and similar dermal fillers:
- Treatments are extremely easy and done in the office.
- Most people can go out and socialize the very same day.
- While slow to take effect at first, the benefits of Botox and Dysport last multiple months.
- While there is a slight chance of brusing at the sight of injection, there is very little pain from the injections and numbing creams can be used to make the patient comfortable.
- The treatments can be combined with skin resurfacing, laser treatments, or facial fillers for even more rejuvenation.
- The treatments are highly effective, easy, and extremely successful!
Botox & Dysport Before & After Photos