In preparation for your upcoming surgery at Brandywine Surgery Center please read over ALL of the following instructions well in advance. You may call or text Vicky – the Administrator & Surgical Coordinator at (302) 584-8408 with any questions related to these instructions, surgery, or finances.
We will contact you Friday before your surgery date to tell you what time to arrive at the Brandywine Surgery Center. The time you are given is the time to arrive only, this is not your surgery start time. Please remember that cosmetic surgery is an art, therefore, consider your stay at the surgery center to be for most of the day and that there will most likely be a wait. We try to minimize the wait as best as possible, but your surgery and those before you can never be rushed. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please arrive at the time given for preparation and to avoid additional Operating Room, anesthesia, & nursing fees.
- Have your CBC lab work done within 6 months of surgery and all additional required testing done within the time specified on the pre-op testing order sheet. Please make sure that all test results are faxed to Dr. Saunders at (610) 459-8010.
- Have your prescriptions that are given to you by Dr. Saunders at your pre-operative appointment filled within 7 days of receiving them and please make sure to BRING ALL OF THESE MEDICATIONS WITH YOU ON THE DAY OF YOUR SURGERY.
- Discontinue all Aspirin products, Ibuprofen products, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and anti-inflammatory medications for 2 weeks prior to surgery. Please take only Tylenol products or your prescribed medications with Dr. Saunders approval during this time period.
- Discontinue all vitamins, minerals, herbal and natural supplements, fish oils, and oral vitamin E for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Discontinue all hormones and birth control for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Stop smoking at least 4 weeks prior to surgery. Stop any recreational or social drug use at least 4 weeks Marijuana, cocaine, and other drugs can have potentially fatal reactions with the anesthesia. Decrease or eliminate the use of alcohol.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK (including NO water, gum, mints, or hard candy) after midnight prior to your procedure.
Doing so would cause cancellation of your surgery which will result in the loss of your global fee. Please see the cancellation policy listed at the bottom of this page.
- Women must be certain they are not pregnant. If pregnancy is a possibility, please contact the office immediately.
- If you are having facial surgery, you should plan to have your hair colored, permed, or processed just before your surgery date, as these treatments must be delayed after surgery for about 1 month.
DAY OF SURGERY:
- Take a shower, wash and dry your hair before coming to the surgery. Wear hair simply combed back with no hair pins or barrettes.
- Do not put any lotions or creams on your face or body.
- Do not wear any makeup or fingernail polish. If you have acrylic or gel nails, make sure you do not have any dark polish on them.
- Remove contacts, glasses, and dentures prior to surgery.
- Wear loose clothing such as: pants with elastic or drawstring waist, shirts that zip or button all the way up the front, and shoes that are easy to slip in and out of. Please do not wear tight fitting clothing. (Sweatpants and zippered sweatshirts are excellent)
- Please leave all jewelry and valuables at home. The Brandywine Surgery Center is not responsible for lost items.
- Someone must drive you home from surgery and should stay with you the first night at home.
Your designated person is not required to stay at the facility during the procedure however; we do request a cell phone number your designated person will be available on to reach them while you are at our facility.
- If you have Diabetes, Sleep Apnea, or Asthma please bring your glucometer, CPAP machine, or inhalers with you.
- Post-operative instructions regarding dressing, activity, medications, and office visits will be given to you individually following your surgery. Most surgeries do require a post-operative appointment the day after your surgery, please plan to make travel arrangements to come in for this appointment which is typically at the surgery center.
***Canceling your surgery within 30 days of your operative date will result in the loss of your deposit plus 50% of your global surgical fee. Operations canceled within 14 business days of surgery will result in no refund of your global surgical fee. Canceled operations incur this expense because nurses and anesthesia must still be paid.
For surgeries requiring post-operative compression garments, you will be provided one on the day of your surgery. If you desire additional garments after surgery, they can be purchased at the Chadds Ford office. If you are instructed to wear a sports bra after breast surgery, it is your responsibility to purchase one and they cannot be worn until 72 hours after your surgery or when instructed by Dr. Saunders.
Thank you for your attention to these instructions. We look forward to taking outstanding care of you in our personal and warm environment here at the Brandywine Surgery Center.
Dr. Christopher Saunders, MD and the Brandywine Surgery Center Staff